Sunday, October 02, 2005

A closer shot of the painted parts
I primed the parts with high build primer - this was overkill - I don't think I will use it again. I then airbushed (yes, airbrushed) a coat of Humbrol gray over the primer. My airbrush was still spitting quite a bit. I thinned the paint down until it was the consistency of milk so I don't believe this was the cause. The first time I used the airbrush, I didn't clean it so well so I think it might have something to do with the needle and the nozzel. The Paache airbrush comes with some extra parts so I swapped them out. Next time we will see if things go better. Because I airbush in the cellar of my apartment building I bring down my airbrushing supplied and 1/10 hp air pump in a cardboard box. I was so concerned about the bottom of the box falling out that I lost balance of the tray with the parts on top of the box and it all came crashing down on the floor. That is why some of the parts aren't still mounted.
one part of the winch which didn't fit together so well - I used gap-filling CA then putty
here are the cleaned parts after being scrubbed with an old toothbrush in soapy water
I began clening up the parts for the waterfall winch - quite a bit of flash that has to be removed