Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Before setting in the i-beam structure and rear deck, I have to make sure the motors are securely in place. I also need to put three capacitors on each motor to filter out interference. I have one set of filters but need to pick up a set at Radio Shack for the other motor. I decided to do a dry run of the electronics to make sure everything was in working order. It turns out that one of the motors (that cost a fortune) doesn't work quite right - the other one works flawlessly. Since I made the modifications to the motors, I probably can't return it. I will see how it works in the model and then decide if it is necessary to replace it. Everything else seemed to work fairly well, the servo for the rudders and the speed controller and motor for the bow thruster. Tomorrow the goal is to get the proper capacitors, solder them to the motors and then install the motors.