Monday, February 07, 2005

Here the rear deck is overlayed again, just to check for fit - not glued in place yet.
Here is the i-beam assembly - put in but not glued to check for fit before gluing.
Here I glued the i-beams together after making sure they were placed correctly using the rear deck as a jig.

If you look at the end of the starboard i-beam (the assembly is upside down) you see a "U" shaped cut made in the beam. This is when I laid the assembly in the rudder shaft clamp hit into the beam - I also cut the unused horn off the starboard clamp so it would move unfettered.

I fixed a 1.5mm rod to the rudder shaft clamps - eventually another rod to the servo which will control the rudders.